Unfortunately, many people don’t realize that cardiovascular disease and stroke are major women’s health risks; but knowledge is power and a critical part of healthy living! Did you know ~
- Heart disease is the number one cause of death for women in the United States.
- Heart disease kills more than a third of women in the United States each year.
- More than 42 million women are currently living with some form of cardiovascular disease.
- Stroke and cardiovascular diseases are responsible for the death of one in three women every year.
- Almost two-thirds of women who die of coronary heart disease have no previous symptoms.
- Ninety percent of women have one or more risk factors for heart disease or stroke.
- Heart disease kills six times as many women as breast cancer every year, but data shows that women fear breast cancer more.
According to the American Heart Association (AHA), some of the key factors to poor heart health include overweight/obesity, diabetes. high blood pressure, high cholesterol, smoking and excessive alcohol intake.
Every little change counts!
With this heart health information, you’re better equipped to take the best care of your heart. Try adding one thing to your day to give your heart a boost, and remember that little changes can make a big difference!